This a Teams meeting: You need to use Chrome or Edge browser or the Teams application (install it first).
16:30 - 18:30: Public defense ceremony
18:30 - 20:00: Outdoors reception in Tearoom Alice courtyard across the street (dress warm if you want to attend).
In economic news, journalists and analysts give objective information on recent events while also giving implicitly subjective opinions. I will present my work on machine learning-based approaches for obtaining structured factual data alongside subjective information from business news reporting for use in financial applications.
A video livestream will be provided here for those attending virtually at https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_MDM3Mzg4N2QtODRiMS00OGZlLThkZWQtYTg5YmU1M2UyNTVm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22d7811cde-ecef-496c-8f91-a1786241b99c%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%222e8f420f-f46e-44d2-8680-be63cf8f984f%22%7d This a Teams meeting, which you can use in Chrome or Edge browser or the Teams application if you install it first.
An optional workshop on NLP for Economics will take place beforehand (14:00 - 16:00). Those interested can find more information on the workshop here.
Address: Het Pand, Onderbergen 1, 9000 Ghent
Room: 2.3 Rector August Vermeylen
Due to COVID, we reserve physical attendance for family, close friends, and the doctoral committee. Please, do not feel obliged to physically attend. Physical attendence still requires a CovidSafe Ticket and will be masked. Room occupation is low for physical attendees and proper social distancing is implemented.
⯈By public transport
- Take train to Gent-Sint-Pieter main station.
- Take `Tram 1 Gent Flanders Expo - Wondelgem Industrieweg` → Stop Gent Korenmarkt (11min) → Walk to Het Pand (450m).
- Or take `Tram 2 towards Zwijnaarde - Melle Leeuw` → Stop Gent Oude Houtlei (11min) → Walk to Het Pand (400m).
- If your car is allowed in the LEZ, the Parking P1 Vrijdagsmarkt is a good option. The smaller parking lots nearer to Het Pand (P6 Center, P7 St-Michiels, P8 Ramen) are often full.
- If your car is not allowed, we recommend coming by train or parking in the P+R car parks (spec. Flanders Expo). Next take `Tram 1` to the city center.
⯈1. Reaching the stairs/elevator:
- Enter by the main entrance of Het Pand.
- Go left.
- Go till the end of the hallway.
- Take the double glass door.
- Take 3x the stairs (up to the 1,5 floor).
- Enter by the brown door at your left (zaal Rector August Vermeylen).
- Take the white door immediately at your right.
- Go to the 2nd floor.
- Go right.
- Take a few steps down.
- Enter by the brown door (zaal Rector August Vermeylen).
Contact: (0032) 472 62 72 04 or [email protected]